Design - striking, robust and full of character
A question of form
The G-Class has always drawn the admiring stares. Its exclusive and stylish design has scarcely changed in over 30 years. The cabrio classic amongst off-road vehicles captivates through its unmistakeable design, the high-quality materials used and those special touches in the interior.
Exterior design – clear lines.
The exterior design of the G-Class Cabriolet is imbued with tradition and characterised by its clear lines. Its unmistakeable character has remained practically unchanged for decades and it is designed to be robust and to offer outstanding off-road capability.
Clear lines and large flat surfaces characterise the view of it side-on; and striking wheel arch linings as well as its wide track width exude a sense of robust stability.
Overview of the principal elements of the exterior design:
- Spare wheel mounted on the exterior on the tailgate
- Exterior mirrors finished in vehicle colour, with integral indicators and front area illumination
- Eye-catching, stand-out wheel arch linings
- Front bumper with central air intake, underbody protection and rounded bumper edges
- Rear bumper with integral rear fog lamp and reversing lamp
- Horizontal rub strip positioned at door handle height
- Completely flat windscreen
- Contoured bonnet with badge and indicators mounted to the sides of the bonnet
- Three-slat radiator grille with centrally positioned Mercedes star
- LED daytime running lamps positioned beneath the classic round-shaped headlamps using state-of-the-art bi-xenon technology
- Alloy wheels in a striking, powerful design
- Oval-shaped rear lamps in the classic, rectangular lighting units
- Oval-shaped fog lamps with integral cornering light function built into the front bumper
- Spare wheel cover in stainless steel (optional; in conjunction with the Exterior Stainless Steel package)
- Very upright A-pillars, which are angled outwards at the bottom
Interior design – exclusive ambience.
The eye-catching style of the exterior of the G-Class Cabriolet continues in the interior. Exclusive appointments, state-of-the-art technology, functional controls and precision, craftsmanlike finishing combine to produce luxurious comfort and a real sense of perceived value.
The raised seating position combined with the lower window line in the G-Class Cabriolet give excellent all-round vision. The cockpit is clearly and functionally arranged. It is possible to operate all the vehicle functions ergonomically.
Overview of the principal elements of the interior design:
- designo wood trim in three variants (optional) as well as AMG carbon-fibre trim (optional)
- Single-tone upholstery design with fabric, leather (optional) or designo leather (optional) upholstery
- Exclusive and functional cockpit with electrically adjustable 4-spoke multifunction steering wheel with 12 function buttons in nappa leather
- Exclusive package (optional), compromising Seat Comfort package, leather-trimmed dashboard, illuminated door sill panels and roof lining in anthracite Alcantara®
- Functional, resilient switches grouped together in thematically ordered groups for intuitive operation
- Generous use of exclusive trim elements
- Instrument cluster with a twin-dial design, with a central 11.4-centimetre multifunction colour display
- Comfortable, hard-wearing, heated front seats with memory function
- New free-standing 17.8-centimetre TFT display and COMAND Controller
- Multiple stowage compartments for the driver, front and rear passengers
- Two full-function, fold-down rear seats, 50 : 50 ratio