Equipment packages - treat yourself to a little extra
The equipment packages for the new SL have a real wow factor. Their function is either to increase safety, and they will give you a good feeling of security; or to make everyday driving easier, and comfortable too.
Active Multicontour Seat Package (optional)
The active multicontour seat adjusts particularly well to individual seating needs. It continually adjusts itself to the driving situation, massages the back muscles and reduces the risk of injury in the event of an accident.
Depending on the steering angle, lateral acceleration and speed, the air cushions in the seat side bolsters are adjusted pneumatically in two stages so as to give excellent lateral support even when driving dynamically. After the dynamic function is switched off the previously selected pressure in the side chambers is automatically reset symmetrically.
Other features of the package include:
- Extremely easy on the back: the massage function reduces symptoms of fatigue in the back muscles on long journeys. It supports the principle of "dynamic sitting" – as recommended by orthopaedic specialists.
- Award-winning seat: the active multicontour seat has been given the AGR quality seal by the "Aktion gesunder Rücken e. V." ("Campaign for healthy backs") awarded to products which are especially good for the back.
- More safety: after the activation of PRE-SAFE® the PRE-SAFE® positioning function can automatically move the passenger seat into a position which is more favourable in the event of an accident.
Driving Assistance package Plus (optional)
The Driving Assistance package Plus makes an active contribution to everyday safety on the road. It includes the DISTRONIC PLUS adaptive cruise control, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, BAS PLUS Brake Assist and the PRE-SAFE® brake.
- Keeping one’s distance: DISTRONIC PLUS proximity control helps the driver to maintain a specified (timed) distance from the vehicle in front when travelling at speeds of 0 to 200 km/h.
- Extended field of vision: the Active Blind Spot Assist uses radar and monitors the blind spot areas to the left, right and rear of the vehicle. If a vehicle is detected within the monitored range, a triangle with exclamation mark lights up in the exterior mirror to warn the driver. If the driver fails to notice the warning, an additional, audible warning can be issued when the driver activates the indicator to change lane. If, notwithstanding, the driver starts to change lane, the system can actively intervene through the ESP® control system and counter the risky lane-change by pulling the vehicle back into its original lane through targeted actuation of the brakes.
- Keeping you in line:Active Lane Keeping Assist continuously registers lane markings on the basis of contrasting differences captured by a combination of camera and control unit.If the system detects that the lane markings are being crossed involuntarily, it is assumed the driver has not noticed this, and as a result, the driver can be warned audibly. However, if the warning is not followed by a course correction and the vehicle crosses a solid line, active braking intervention can counter this, "pulling back" the vehicle into its original lane.
- If required: the BAS PLUS Brake Assist system helps to avoid rear-end collisions. If the radar sensors identify the danger of a rear-end collision and the driver applies the brake, BAS PLUS is primed to supply the braking pressure required in order to make full use of the available braking distance.
- In the event of danger: if a potential collision is identified at speeds of up to 200 km/h, the PRE-SAFE® brake system emits visual and audible signals. If the driver does not respond to this warning, the PRE-SAFE® brake system initiates independent partial braking 1.6 seconds before the calculated impact and activates comprehensive PRE-SAFE® measures. If the system categorises the situation as highly critical and there is still no reaction from the driver, an independent full brake application can be initiated automatically 0.6 seconds before what is calculated to be an unavoidable impactAs a result, both the impact speed and thus the severity of the accident can be reduced. If the initial speed had been less than 30 km/h, the accident can be prevented completely.
KEYLESS-GO Convenience package including remote boot lid closing and HANDS-FREE ACCESS (optional)
KEYLESS GO is an electronic drive authorisation system. The driver does not need to hold a key in his hand to get into or start the vehicle. All that's required is to have the KEYLESS-GO key somewhere about one's person and to pull on the door handle. The car is started by simply pressing the start/stop button. The HANDS-FREE ACCESS convenience function makes loading and unloading the boot easier, by opening or closing the boot lid automatically when a sensor detects that the driver has placed his foot under the rear of the car.
 Standard equipment for the SL 65 AMG.